Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
Our estates play a leading role in this wine with fruit selected across the appellation for its purity, richness, and elegance. Violet in hue, this wine entices with pomegranate, dark cherry, and black tea. The voluptuous texture fuses with layered notes of boysenberry, bergamot, and hints of sage. As it moves across the palate both acid and fine-grained tannins are flawlessly integrated, accentuated by a red clay minerality. This is a refined and graceful wine with lively acidity, leading to a long finish.
The Russian River Valley appellation lies between the Russian River and Mayacamas Mountains, creating a region defined by its proximity to the ocean and sheltered climate. Coastal breezes funneled through the Petaluma Gap push cool air and maritime fog over the region each morning, balancing the area’s afternoon sunshine. The combination of cool fog and warm temperatures, coupled with enviable soils, creates excellent conditions for pristine Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.
– Hand-sorted while still cold from the field
– A percentage of whole cluster inclusion
– Fermented in small, open-top stainless steel tanks with indigenous yeasts
– 5-day cold soak, 15 day maceration
– Gentle punchdowns
– Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrel
– Aged 9 months in French oak barrels; 33% new
– Bottled unfined and unfiltered